To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 5:35 AM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] MAM-A, MAM-E, let's call the whole thing off

I doubt that MAM-A has a French plant. My understanding is that MAM-A(mericas) and MAM-E(urope) are separately owned companies, and if I lived in North America I'd be praying that this is so, as we've recently been informed that MAM-E has gone into liquidation.

Presumably this was due to the upwardly spiralling polycarbonate costs
and downwardly spiralling profit margins felt throughout the industry.
MAM-E may not be the only company to go under.

Will

Will Prentice
Technical Services
British Library Sound Archive    Tel: +44 (0)20-7412-7443
96 Euston Road                       Fax: +44 (0)20-7412-7416
London  NW1 2DB                   http://www.bl.uk
UK                                          http://cadensa.bl.uk (online
catalogue)

-----Original Message----- From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Fine Sent: 01 November 2006 01:17 To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Mitsui / MAM-A Gold CD's

You guys musta gotten batches from the French plant! ;)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Carroll" <jwcarroll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>