Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Dynamic-frequency Range

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Cox" <doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> On 25/10/06, Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:

Yes...except for the fact that when horns become very large, the
wavelengths (and halves and quarters) become involved, in the
sense of having resonances as well as cancellations and
reinforcements! The nominal speed of sound in "ordinary" air
is 1100 meters/second (IIRC)so that a 100 Hz sound wave has
a wavelength of 11 meters, or about 35 feet. I have no idea
how dimensions of 1, 1/2 or 1/4 wavelength for horns would
affect their use in reproduction or recording, but I'm sure
it would...?