Re: [ARSCLIST] RealNetworks -- a horrid format from a horrible company

Funny.I have never had any such problems with
Real,since I switched to a mac OS.Much of the internet
radio I listen to,is only avaliable in Real
format,which did not come on my computer.After I
booted it up,the first time,I went to the Real
site,and downloaded thier free mac version ,with no
difficulty.My download time,was under two minutes.You
may have a bad,or slow internet connection.I have
never heard of this process of unselecting player
versions,either,maybe others have.This sounds like a
two year old,or older version of the Real site.I'm
puzzled.

   Now if you want to talk about hideous formats,my
nominee goes to Flash,used by YouTube,and Google
Video,with Winamp as a close second.

                                  Roger Kulp

(http://voice.yahoo.com)