Re: [ARSCLIST] FLAC?

Like I said, "limited research." My position is that bandwidth and storage are cheap, so I'm not in favor of lossless formats. Even for ipod, BTW, since storage capacity expands greatly in each generation, and all iPods now support WAV.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Olhsson" <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 7:51 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] FLAC?

Tom Fine writes:
...the only lossless audio compression scheme
that I know of made by a
for-profit company is Apple Lossless Format (ALF)...
... My limited research indicates that there is
no lossless compression
format that keeps integrity to the robust metadata you can do with BWAV.

There are also Windows Media lossless and RealAudio lossless. WavPack retains metadata.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com