Re: [ARSCLIST] The Incompetence at ENHS

The law and the current practice concerning these recordings may be at variance. Only as the law becomes clearer, like it or not, can one be sure. The appropriate post should be in the ARSChives.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Loughlin" <mikel78_rpm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:50 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] The Incompetence at ENHS

Mr. Smolian,The Edison Recordings are free from copyright. I have been posting them for years. So far no 110 years old or older performers or songwriters have complained. Mr. Edison and the artists that are on the recordings have been smiling down on me for years for making them available.

Regards,
Mike Loughlin