From: Sam Brylawski <goodlistening@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] The Incompetence at ENHS
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 22:12:20 -0400

Mr. Loughlin,

Your messages to the ARSCLIST are intemperate and inflammatory. Flaming, in
particular, will not be tolerated.

The responses I have seen to your message do not refute your complaint. No
one who wrote was qualified to judge your gripe, and they said so. But all
of them did say, in so many words, that the ARSCLIST is not the venue to
pursue your complaint against the Park Service. Nor is it ever the venue to
exhibit rudeness to responders.

No one on the list wishes to deny you the right to investigate the
disposition of digital recordings held at ENHS, nor take any appropriate
action directly with the site. Yet, within this venue, you have undermined
your own case by the tone of your submissions.

Excerpts from the ARSCLIST guidelines (found at www.arsc-audio.org) are
below. Tone it down or you will be thrown off the list.

Sam Brylawski
University of California Santa Barbara
President, ARSC

From the ARSCLIST guidelines:
The Purpose of the List
Topics appropriate for discussion may include discussion about recorded
sound research, history, innovations, preservation, archiving, copyrights
and access and announcements about ARSC activities and publications. Other
lists may be more appropriate forums for subjective discussions of
particular recordings or artists, restoration of antique equipment, buying
and selling recordings and the collecting of ephemera. All messages posted
to the list will be archived permanently. By posting to this list the
subscriber agrees to have his or her message become part of the permanent
public archive.

Flaming and personal attacks are not appropriate for this list. Such
behavior will result in removal from the list at the sole discretion of the
list owner. Spamming and commercial advertising are also inappropriate and
will not be tolerated and can result in removal from the list. Personal
messages, subscription requests and other business should be sent to the
appropriate address and not posted to the list.