To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2006 12:45 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Dynamic-frequency Range

Matter of fact, there were recordings we never got, such as a Mengelberg Tchaikovsky
5th on Brunswick, because they didn't pass the "wear test". The range on some of the
Western Electric test recordings in 1923-24 was quite impressive..many of them sound
far better than the electricals we finally began to get from Victor, while some are
very thin because they were experimenting with various filters and settings (which
are marked on the discs).

dl