Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Dynamic-frequency Range

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:

> As a rule the European Polydors,andespeciallt the
> Ultraphone/Telefunkens are superior pressings to the
> Brunswicks of the period.
>
>                                          Roger Kulp

Except that early electrical Polydors are just as ghastly as Brunswicks of the
time for recording quality..collectors joke that the "be" prefix on them stands
for "barely electrical". No question of the superior pressings though, for much
of that era..by 1940 Telefunkens and Polydors were coming from the same plant
and weren't as quiet as they had been. And by the mid 30s, Brunswick was
starting to press its old catalog and much new material from Polydor in
gorgeous laminated editions, because they were being included in the Carnegie
Collections which were already responsible for keeping older Victor and
Columbia album sets in print in the best pressings possible.

dl