Re: [ARSCLIST] Thirties Stereo

On 15/10/06, Frank Strauss wrote:
> Interesting thread on the Classical message board of BBC 3:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbradio3/F2620064?thread=3571327

The Elgar accidental stereo (a part of the Cockaigne overture) is
certainly worth hearing. As is the "Ellington at Newport" CD.

I haven't heard the pre-war Ellington accidental stereo.

I liked the naive person who thought that stereo recorded with only two
mics would be inferior to "more sophisticated setups".

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx