[ARSCLIST] Grundig EQ

>>Plus, MRL has a very handy chart in their "choosing and using" pdf that shows how to, for example, use a 15IPS NAB tape to align a 15IPS CCIR preamp.

I have 3 MRL tapes, 3 3/4 NAB(IEC), 7 1/2 NAB(IEC2) and 15 NAB(IEC2) and a hard copy of "choosing and using" that came with one of the tapes, none of which are very helpful in this situation.  I added 2 dB at 10k (at 3 3/4ips, the most I could get) but it made no audible difference to the program.  At least I've gained greater confidence that the sound quality is not due to something I am or am not doing and is more likely just the way it is.  That was my biggest concern.

>>Richard Hess has some pointers on azimuth adjustment on his web site, but I
like to use a transfer function display because it shows combing in great
detail.

Richard has been most generous with his advice.  I did (and always do) azimuth as best I can aurally but without much high frequency content, plus it is mono, it is not easy.  I don't have the capability of doing transfer function analysis.  What do you use?  I see SpectraFoo can do it.

Thank you.
Kevin Irelan