Re: [ARSCLIST] CD versus Download was "All hail the analogue revolution..."

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Olhsson" <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sorry, it's the musicians who are carrying the entire burden of the lower
prices. This only encourages the next generation of young musicians to not take
up music as their profession.

Well, as a "pop" musician (blues musician, to be precise)...I've never made
enough money even to come close to "living on"...and I would say that 99.9%
of us are part of the same plight! In fact, there are a lot of club-owners and
promoters that set up shows where the musicians involved are lucky to
get paid AT ALL! I know that many current "musicians" in that boat
are getting exactly what their performances are worth...but I have heard
others whose skill deserved much more...

And very few "semi-pro" pop musicians have even bothered to join
the union, since perhaps about 1% of rooms could afford to pay
union scale and break even, let alone make any profit!