Re: [ARSCLIST] Reel-to-reel preservation supplies?

David Breneman wrote:

> --- Lou Judson <loujudson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Those don't have the large NAB hubs, though...
>
> Was there ever a 7" reel that did?
> Not counting video tape, I've never seen one.

Not full size, but close..there are 7" reels with 4-inch hubs and 5" reels with
3-inch hubs. Great for short program lengths and used mostly in studio
production. Also great for spooling a 5-inch reel, especially when it's of
1-mil or half-mil tape. Some pre-recorded tapes used them as well.

dl