Re: [ARSCLIST] sticky goop on a CD container

I'm a big fan of nail polish remover or "pure" (with an added "worst tasting chemical in existance so it can't be used for suicides) acetone. Shouldn't damage the plastic, at least it hasn't here. Apply conservatively.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Stern" <sternth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] sticky goop on a CD container

if the adhesive is hardened and no longer sticky, doesn't hurt anything to leave it or use one of the
methods already suggested.
if the adhesive is sticky, use duct tape or other strong adhesive tape - press it onto the residue adhesive and pull tape off container, repeat
until all the adhesive comes off the case.
A suggestion for removing the strips: remove them SLOWLY (you can watch the adhesive struggle between adhering to the plastic case or
staying on the strip).
Best wishes, Thomas.

David Lennick wrote:

Anyone have a good method for removing the sticky residue left by some CD
manufacturers' sticky tape at the top of the jewel case? The disc was purchased
new yesterday but has probably been in the store for 4 years, and is a BMG
product. I've never had one turn up this sticky. Lighter fluid? (Which I don't
have around the house, not being a consumer of the stuff. Lamp oil usually
works, but not in this case.)

dl