Re: [ARSCLIST] ^CD versus Download was "All hail the analogue revolution..."

Dnjchi@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 9/29/2006 7:52:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> A friend  of mine has 44 versions of the Rachmaninoff Third Piano Concerto.
> That's about  40 more than I
> think worthwhile, and one is probably plenty for many  folks.
>
> One of them is bound to get it right.
>
> dc

Sure won't be the renowned pianist I heard play it with the Edmonton Symphony
Orchestra in the early 80s. He got so rattled in the first movement, he played
BOTH cadenzas. (Sorry, the guy was so renowned I can't remember his name..and
he hasn't been heard from lately. Wonder if the Rachmaninoff Gang broke his
fingers.)

dl