Re: [ARSCLIST] Early HiFi, was: Re: [ARSCLIST] discography of "direct-to-disk revival"?

----- Original Message -----
From: "phillip holmes" <insuranceman@xxxxxxxxxx>
> 8Hz?  That's as bad as MP3!

First...8 KILOHertz...my error!

Yes...but the 8KHz that cuts off is one octave...and is probably not the
fundamental tone of any musical instrument. If it is present, it adds to
the sound of things like cymbals (and possibly stringed instruments?).
It would be interesting to use sharp high-pass filtering to cut out
everything below 8KHz and see/hear what remained...