Re: [ARSCLIST] "All hail the analogue revolution..."

At 03:19 PM 9/24/2006, Peter Hirsch wrote:
Does the fact that I find this just a wee bit depressing mean that I'm just a fetishist regarding CDs and vinyl?

The main issue I have with iTunes, iPods and other manifestations digital music delivery is the complete de-contextualization of what I am listening to. No notes, questionable and mostly useless "artist" info, no art, no package whatsoever.

Peter,

While I agree with your kvetching, there is one thing that seems to perhaps mitigate the issue a bit: the artist's web site.

eg:
http://www.britneyspears.com/
http://www.dixiechicks.com/
http://www.judycollins.com/
and then, for example, we can have fans, like me, do this:
http://www.richardhess.com/judy/index2.htm
(which I'll admit to not keeping up to date completely)

It goes on...

But other than this, I think your points are all very well taken.

Cheers,

Richard