Re: [ARSCLIST] lacquer discs was [ARSCLIST] Comparable collections anywhere?

In a message dated 9/14/2006 3:00:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx writes:
While they don't sound the best,many of those "Hit of The Week" paper records
are still playable.
                          Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   Someone mentioned paper based discs as being the worst survivors..this
probably depends on storage conditions and moisture or dryness. I've had some
sixteen-inch paper based discs from 1940 that have survived beautifully,
**********************

I have several 6-1/2" Wilcox-Gay "Recordio" paper based discs with recording
dates from the fall and winter of 1939 that are in excellent condition and
surprisingly good sound quality.

Two contain an off-air recording of "His Majesty King George IV Christmas
Greeting 1939."  Was this rebroadcast on an American network?  There is some
fading but much less than I would expect from direct SW reception.

Another disc is labeled "Miracle Power - Del Rio Texas Radio Station
10-20-39."  It sounds like some kind of faith healing or snake oil pitch.  Anyone know
anything about the program or the station?

Mike Csontos