Re: [ARSCLIST] Fw: [MLA-L] Looking for a word II

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Steven Smolian wrote:

> The religion group itself is segmented into Christian, Jewish and Other, the
> last of which will expand as enough records turn up to add another divider
> card or so.  Each is further split into specific religions.  There's a
> surprising large number of LPs for Jews for Jesus, for example.

Probably not information for a scholarly list...but...I do have a
"Christian" category which I use for my Tammy Faye Baker and Jimmy
Swaggert albums along with albums like "The Addicts Sing," and records
like a string quartet album played by a group of nuns (they actually do a
good job), and a jazz band consisting of nuns (not as good)...and then
there is the Jewish file which includes things like a Gertude Berg album "How to be a
Jewish Mother."

And then I have a section for political records which have Phyliss
Schlafy, the Ku Klux Klan, Barry Goldwater, John Kennedy, etc. lumped
together...somehow I think I may need another divider for my filing
system...did I ever mention the disc that was produced featuring speeches
of Richard Nixon...a friend of mine was hired to do the needle drops...he
chose all Russian music...during the days of the cold war, it was his
passive agressive way of dealing with the presidency of Nixon...but I
digress...

No doubt all of this information further diminishes my credibility in
academic circles.

Karl