Re: [ARSCLIST] Non-RIAA preamp

If the record is playing at the wrong speed, it should affect frequency response because RIAA equalization has the two turnover frequencies where bass boost and treble cut starts. The preamp doesn't know that the turntable is running slow or that the spindle hole is not centered. Therefore the frequencies being affected by the cut and boost is constantly changing (creating these little humps and dips in the response). Now, am I wrong? I could be. But it seems like what happens when the records aren't reproduced at exactly the right speed.
Phillip