To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Preservation media WAS: Cataloguing still :-)

On 06/09/06, Karl Miller wrote:

I am reminded of an article I just read the other day...It was about
the label Brilliant Classics...you can buy a set of recordings which
feature just about everything Mozart wrote...cost, as I recall...about
$150. I am waiting for it to come out on a single holographic disc,
with the complete works of Bach, Haydn, Schubert...but I wonder they
would have to charge for that disc.

I have several of the box sets from Brilliant Classics. They are surprisingly good, either new recordings (especially of Early Music), or properly licensed reissues. They save money and space by putting the discs in card sleeves rather than jewel cases.

I don't have the "All of Mozart" set, but I do have some of the CDs that
are in that set, and they are fine.

It is a Dutch company.

Their sets should be ideal for colleges or libraries.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx