Re: [ARSCLIST] Help with 8mm film

I replied to this and it wound up going to the original poster instead of the
list. Shrug.

On Monday 04 September 2006 15.13, joe@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'd start by contacting Kodak. It's probably Kodak film. They have
> experience with this if anyone does.

Actually, if it's Kodak film and it's five decades old, you may or may not be
in for a pleasant surprise, depending on the mood Kodak is in.

My grandfather had a Kodak book titled "How To Make Good Movies", printed in
the early 1950s. During the 1950s, Kodak sold their home movie film WITH
PROCESSING INCLUDED. You paid processing when you purchased the film, which
came with a mailer.

So it may be worth it to send it to Kodak, explain what you found and also
that it would have been sold (in its day) with processing included.  The
question will be whether it's Kodachrome or a black and white film, of which
they made at least two (Plus X and Super XX).

Michael Shoshani
Chicago