Re: [ARSCLIST] Preservation media WAS: Cataloguing still :-)

Richard L. Hess wrote:

>What would you propose as the alternative?

I'm not Mike but my understanding is that analog recording can be implemented with less degradation than any digital conversion method. It's just that there is nothing of that quality available in a commercial product. No, this isn't as "perfect" as file cloning however there still is an initial degradation caused by digitizing. Contrary to what many think, analog technology has not stood still or been left behind over the past 30 years.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com