Re: [ARSCLIST] Advice on cassette decks?

I use a DENON DRM 800 deck which has a very easily accessible metric nut used to adjust the head azimuth.
It couldn't be easier to do with a proper demagnetised miniature nut driver or a small stainless steel forceps.

Bob Hodge

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive
Syracuse University
222 Waverly Ave .
Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010

315-443- 7971
FAX-315-443-4866

>>> tommy.sjoberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 8/31/2006 3:54 PM >>>
>- is Nakamichi my best or only choice if I'm looking for this capability?

We just purchased a Tascam 112 Mk II cassette
deck where azimuth is fairly easily adjustable.
We haven't started using it yet, though, since I
wanted to get hold of an azimuth adjustment tape
first (or maybe I'll record one myself, using the
factory settings). This deck has a combined
record and playback head, so I assume azimuth
adjustment on playback also affects recording.
It's easily reached on playback after removing
the cassette door. Maybe the Nak's have separate
heads, I don't know. And the Dragon's apparently
have automatic azimuth adjustment.

Greetings,
Tommy Sjöberg
The Centre for Swedish Folk music and Jazz Research
Stockholm, Sweden