Re: [ARSCLIST] Chinese recordings?

I'd be pleased to know of someone with such expertise too since the Victor
 project (EDVR) in Santa Barbara will need to include the company's Far
East products, and little documentation of them survives.

Ten years ago I produced the 78 rpm-derived Rain DroppingOn the Banana
Tree: An Anthology of Chinese Classical Music, Rounder CD 1125 which might
be of interest.

ds

Jonathan Wise <jonathan.wise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx>
08/31/2006 10:59 AM
Please respond to
Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx>

ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[ARSCLIST] Chinese recordings?

Hi all,
Does anyone on the list have expertise with Chinese sound recordings,
specifically traditional songs, operas, etc. recorded on 78rpm's (ca.
1925-1930)?
Thanks,
Jonathan