Re: [ARSCLIST] Early stereo LPs: subject to mononuclearosis?

One would have to make sure the distances were exact. Time arrival
alignment differences will produce comb filtering that you don't want

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of phillip holmes
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 3:44 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Early stereo LPs: subject to mononuclearosis?

If you have two speakers with nearly identical response curves (ditto
everything else), you don't need one speaker.  Also, you need proper
relationship between the two speakers and the listener (not too close).

I get a very realistic mono center image.  It's harder to do good mono
on a stereo than good stereo, in my opinion.
Phillip

Tom Fine wrote:

-- Tom Fine

PS -- regarding the point of mono out of 1 speaker or two. This is an
interesting question today and I'd be very interested what others think.