Re: [ARSCLIST] Non-RIAA preamp (was: WHY save as WAV's when Mp3's can do???)

My problem with Waves is that it's too hard to install, and, paricularly, reinstall. I've had nothing but trouble with them and refuse to consider their products for use in my studio until they lighten up on the security end.

Steven Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "seva" <seva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Non-RIAA preamp (was: WHY save as WAV's when Mp3's can do???)

the waves Q10 has both pre and de emphasis curves for RIAA, created by michael gerzon.

ok. i have a bias, but wouldn't use them if they didn't sound superb. MAG suggested tweaking the curve directly for any EQ needed at the same time. very elegant. most people who have waves stuff completely totally absolutely overlook the setup libraries, thinking they must be like other music gear's presets. they are not. in the first several products of waves, the libraries were extensive and scientific (i.e, the Q10 and the C1), as they were done by MAG. the last preset series that were done with his exhaustive methodology was for the PS22, a pseudo-stereo device he had invented, also quite misunderstood.

anyway, check out the Q10 and the setup lib.

-- w/best regards, seva mastering engineer http://www.soundcurrent.com

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.6/428 - Release Date: 8/25/2006