Re: [ARSCLIST] ^ Re: [ARSCLIST] Telemetry Tapes

On 16/08/06, Lou Judson wrote:
> Ya know all that still happens inside our present day computers -
> although the cards are invisible and the timing much faster! I can
> just imagine when computers have matured a bit more, in say fifty or a
> hundred years, and they work at the speed of thought and dreams... and
> will take input instantaneously instead of sequentially or even
> parallel. I can feel it when my PC spills the cart even today...

Humans are far from instantaneous. At dusk, it can take you as much as a
quarter of a second to see something.

But we are highly parallel, and I think the future of computing lies in
having millions of processors in the CPU. The Cell chip used in the new
games machine has eight, IIRC.

> (Told you I was wierd!)
> (and I'm not a programmer so not hitched to the old ways)
> Oh, and one would hope all those cards in the basement did not get
> flooded!

Regards
--
Don Cox