Re: [ARSCLIST] stereo or double mono

David,
I would think a simple vocal eliminator plug-in would do it for you. Not knowing what platform you might be using, something like this would work. http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/vremover.htm

If you are running a multi-track program, copy the file to two tracks. Pan on left and the other right. Then flip the phase on one channel. Does the same thing.

Angie Dickinson Mickle
Avocado Productions
Arvada, CO
www.avocadoproductions.com

Dave Rice wrote:
Hi Arsc-L,
Does anyone know any software or process where I could quickly analyze a stereo audio file and find out if it has two different tracks (stereo) or if it is just double mono. I have a number of audio files that were recorded digitally which I suspect are double mono but is there a way to make sure. It seems like a piece of software could just subtract left from right and if the difference is 0, then double mono.
Thanks,

David Rice
Archivist
Democracy Now!