Re: [ARSCLIST] NASA

This thread is otherwise about moving images transmitted via telemetry and reconstructed for television. It appears that the telemetry was recorded on a single tape per antenna and that the down-sampled imagery is all that has been seen. Those tapes are the subject of the present search.

You know, it's entirely possible that the tapes are indeed safe and well, in a bankers' box marked "AP 11" on a shelf in some archive warehouse. The person who saved the tapes knew what they were, so that's all the label he/she needed.

When I was looking for material recorded by NPR for their "Folk Festival USA" series fifteen years later, the producer told me, "We saved all the raw tape. It's probably in the National Archives, in a box marked "Friday Afternoon" in my handwriting."

John Ross