Re: [ARSCLIST] Mellencamp

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Mellencamp has a personal archivist/headphone mixer?
>
> KIDDING!

No, quite possible...I used to be fairly close friends with Jeff Healey
(whom I met through CAPS and 78 collecting) and during his rock-music
heyday, he travelled with a full support crew! In fact, about anybody
who has reached "rock star" status (or THINKS they have, anyway) doesn't
have to do much other than sing and/or play on stage. I was quite
impressed when Jeff arranged a backstage pass for me for a John Mayall
show...and Mayall & Co. came in carrying their own equipment and set
it up themselves.

OTOH, what I iosually get is "The house PA is over there...I hope you
know how to use one of those!" (or else "I hope you guys travel with
a PA, 'cause we don't have one!). I recall one time I got there and
there was no stage lighting...so I had to rush to Canadian Tire,
and buy four garden spotlights (two red, two blue), a roll of
duct tape and a couple of 12' extension cords. When I got it
cobbled together and hung up, it looked almost like REAL stage
lighting!