[ARSCLIST] Fwd: [eefc] California Gold website

From another list, folk music Eastern Europena style, comes thgis message, reproduced here with permission - a donor is pleased ith the work! And Dick Forsyth has expressed interest in lurkin and asking the occasional question, so remind them (and me) how to join the list, if possible...

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dick & Martha Forsyth <theforsyths@xxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [eefc] California Gold website

Wow - they're all there, aren't they!!!

It was with some surprise that I learned that the "American Folklife Center" is in fact interested in material from outside the U.S. - (they say you have to parse their name as "American - Folklife Center" not "American Folklife - Center"!)

In fact, I have just deposited the first part of my own Bulgarian field recordings - with accompanying documentation - to the Center. I am making copies of my material for my own use (the copies are actually much easier for me to use than the originals, because I have organized the material in a different way!) - I retain all rights to them while I am alive, but other people can access them without needing to go directly through me. I was quite impressed by the process - they drew up a contract, and we went back and forth until we were all satisfied with the terms. Since many of us have to fact the eventual question of "what will happen to my wonderful collection One Day?".....it's nice to feel I have a place I can recommend, where they will catalog the material properly, and care for it properly, and allow people to use it without a lot of fuss and feathers.

Best, Martha

Adam Good wrote:
I'm sure this has been brought up before on the list but JUST in case, this is awesome and amazing...

Northern California Folk Music From the Thirties

<http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/afccchtml/cowhome.html>

click on the "musical instruments" link.