Re: [ARSCLIST] Beginner's question RE: digital recordings

In a message dated 8/4/2006 5:53:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, falk@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

I've heard good things about the M-Audio products, but I don't know if
they make one that will connect to a laptop.

I'm using a M-Audio "Audiophile USB" with an IBM "Thinkpad" for transfers
from tape. It has line level inputs but even with microphone or cartridge levels
its noise level is lower than the laptop's mic input.

Mike Csontos