To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: August 04, 2006 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Beginner's question RE: digital recordings

Hello David,

That is a very good point about having a higher quality sound card; until now, the card that I've been using was just the stock card that came with my laptop. I'm guessing that when the time comes, I will be doing this work on one of the museum's PC's, and I'm guessing that whatever kind of soundcards those have, they would probably be even worse. Can you recommend a decent quality sound card that I should add to my list when I'm writing up my budget?
As for headphones, I've been using some decent, DJ-quality headphones in order to drown out ambient noise in my work area, and they seem to be working very well for me. I don't think I will need to be replacing those any time soon. Thanks.

Lisa