Re: [ARSCLIST] Beginner's question RE: digital recordings

Hi Lisa,
 Luck sometimes plays a hand in how machines like this turn up.
I have a Sonoband macnine and an RCA cartridge wire recorder which I
found  at a amateur radio meet several years ago.
You're righ in that they don't turn up very often. Besides yours,
Steves and mine are the only other examples I've seen. I've never
undertook a restoration of mine although it came with one band.

Bob Hodge

>>> waterchild7@xxxxxxxxxxx 8/4/2006 12:07 PM >>>
Steve,

I did not find anything in my research on a TV program concerning this

project and Fuller, but if you could recall what it was called or where
you
saw it, I would be really interested in tracking it down!  How did you
come
to have a sonoband machine?  From what I have found, they are pretty
hard to
come by.

Lisa

>From: Steven Smolian <smolians@xxxxxxxxx>

><ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx>
>To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Beginner's question RE: digital recordings
>Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 11:16:03 -0400
>
>And didn't I se a TV program on this collector nad his processes?
>
>Incidentally, I have a sonoband machine, if that service shoiuld be
needed.

>Steve Smolian
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard L. Hess"
><arclists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>