Re: [ARSCLIST] The person responds was Thin tape decay

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Richter" <mrichter@xxxxxxx>
> steven c wrote:

Which is why I said "...modify a 128-character teletype system...!" Back in
1966, when I was in USAF electronics courses, we discussed an old multiplex
TTY set-up...including the 128 characters it could transmit using frequency-
shift keying (for each signal). In fact, those mysterious 0-32 characters
make a lot more sense on a tty system, where they might be used,
than they do as digital text code...

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/