Re: [ARSCLIST] bargain du jour

Since the polis of the board is always deliving into copyrights, how is it that the 1935 is now copyright 1989?

RA Friedman

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List on behalf of andy kolovos
	Sent: Wed 7/26/2006 12:22 PM
	To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
	Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] bargain du jour

	Dick Spottswood wrote:
	> http://www.rjguitar.com/index.html

	This has got to be some sort of weird joke or Art Project, right?
	That's the only way I can think about it without my head exploding.

	For my "Exhibit A" I present what seems to be the meat of their
	discussion on the instrument's provenance:

	"How Can We Prove This Is The Holy Grail?
	It was when the Complete Recordings Box Set was released
	in 1990 that it really hit home.
	It is unquestionably a picture of our guitar."

	Bingo!

	And here I am thinking that establishing provenance might mean actually
	tracing a line of ownership back to Robert Johnson...silly me!

	It is a joke, right?

	andy

	--

	Andy Kolovos