Re: [ARSCLIST] Nakamichi Tape Deck Problem

I had a 3-head Nak deck with exactly the same problem. It wasn't a pinch roller problem...there was a flat leaf spring in the transport that kept the cassette shell correctly positioned, and when it snapped the tape wobbled around in much the same way as you describe. I did buy a replacement spring, but gave up when I realized I'd have to remove (and correctly reinstall and realign) the entire transport to replace it.