Re: [ARSCLIST] Community Radio

From another folk music list comes this mention of a program that will feature 78s (probably reissues, I don't know) of Balkan music - I don't know the artists but the station is an excellent example of a community and college station that trains, programs, and generally serves the community in Seattle. It was the mention of 78s that made me want to share this. I listen to KBCS whenever I'm in Seattle, and maybe conference attendees heard it...

<http://kbcs.fm/site/PageServer?pagename=homepage>

quoting the program announcement:

Recently, while in Seattle, Tamburas, Nick Skertich of the famous
Skertich Brothers Tamburitza Orchestra was interviewed by Peter Graff on
KBCS's "The Old Country". Nick shares stories of playing tamburitza music
with his brothers and shares cuts from the original Skertich Brothers
recordings originally released by Columbia Records on 78RPM and some of
his recent tone-on-tone recordings. Don't miss it this Sunday, July 23 at
7PM PST.

KBCS radio is 93.1FM in the Seattle area, or listen online at

http://kbcs.fm/site/PageServer?pagename=listenlive