Re: [ARSCLIST] Community Radio

At 7/13/2006 11:31 AM, Duane Goldman wrote:
I urge all to visit one the the finest independent radio stations in the country: KDHX in St. Louis; http://www.kdhx.org. Within the program listing you can now stream or download the last to 2 shows in every category. This gives us an opportunity to hear show like Gabriel's early Sunday morning

Is Gabriel still alive? He used to do the show immediately after mine on the old KDNA Radio around 1970.

In those days, we were essentially inventing what later turned into "community radio." Not Gabriel, who was (as I assume still is) sui generis, but many of the rest of us. It's a whole different world today. [geezer mode: OFF]

John Ross