From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of steven c
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2006 11:26 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Job...........I need one

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marie Azile O'Connell" <marie.oconnell@xxxxxxx>
> I finish at USM July 14.  I need a job fast.  Otherwise I am back over the
pond,
> never to return.

Well, were I independently wealthy (which I'm not...my financial
position is best described in my blues tune, "Money Talks" where
the lyrics run "...if money talks, it ain't on speakin' terms
with me!") I'd hire you to see if it were possible to bring
order out of my half-vast shellac chaos (40,000+ 78's, most of
which are in no identifiable semblance of order...).

However, I share your lack of employment...and Ecru (the cat)
shows no particular enthusiasm toward seeking gainful employment...
(he could always pose for cat food packages and/or ads?!) so it
appears all I have to offer is sympathy, which is currently
valued around $0.03/metric tonne, less postage, handling, tax
and recappable tire...

Steven C. Barr
(hoping you're not planning to SWIM said "pond...")