[ARSCLIST] Frank Warner recordings

Thanks to all who supplied information. There is still missing data, which I hope someone can supply.
Information about the Asch recordings is probably available from Smithsonian-Folkways, unfortunately
they closed from April until summer 2007 while the collection is moved to their new facilities.
Please let me know if you are interested in this data. If so, I will post future updates.
Below is the current file.
Best wishes, Thomas.

<>Frank Warner Recordings
--------------------------

Moses Asch recordings, NYC c.1945 (78rpm)
Disc Records album 502: Hudson Valley Songs (1946)
Frank Warner-voice and 5 string banjo, acc.Bess Lomax-mandolin, Butch Hawes- guitar, Pete Seeger-5 string banjo, Tom Glazer-guitar.

179   Blue Mountain Lake                    Disc 5022B
180   Tom Moore, In the Days of 49          Disc 5023B
181-1 British Soldier                       Disc 5023A
182   Montcalm and Wolfe                    Disc 5022A
183   A Trip On the Erie                    Disc 5024A
184   ?
185   The Jolly Roving Tar                  Disc 5024B

Disc album 607 session: Pete Seeger-5 string banjo, Bess Lomax Hawes-mandolin,
Butch Hawes-guitar.
add Frank Warner, voice and 5 string banjo:
??? Johnson Boys Disc (unissued)

LP and CD

Stinson (10") SLP-12 American Folksay Ballads & Dances Vol.V
Stinson SLPX-12 Folksay 5&6
Old Smokey

Stinson (10") SLP-13 American Folksay Ballads & Dances Vol.VI
Stinson SLPX-12 Folksay 5&6
Jolly Roving Tar (possably from matrix 185, Disc 5024B)

Asch(Folkways) AA-3/4  The Asch Recordings 1939-1945 Volume 2 (1967)
Johnson Boys (Frank Warner-voice and 5 string banjo,
              Pete Seeger-5 string banjo, Bess Lomax Hawes-mandolin,
              Butch Hawes-guitar) unissued acetate from Disc 607 session.

Jac Holzman 78rpm releases JH 501 Battle of Bull Run / Unreconstructed Rebel Got the Whole World in His Hand Hold My Hand Lord Jesus JH 503 Gilgarry Mountain Blue Mountain Lake (note: JH 502 is by Jean Ritchie)

Elektra EKL-3 10" American Folk Songs and Ballads (rel Nov.1952) ??? American Traditional Folk Songs (reissue 1967) JH 504A Keep Your Hand on the Plow Got the Whole World in His Hands Hold My Hand, Lord Jesus Lord Lovel JH 504B Battle of Bull Run unreconstructed Rebel Gilgarry Mountain Blue Mountain Lake Tom Dooley The Days of "49"

Elektra EKL-13 10"   Songs and Ballads of America's Wars  (released 1954)
JH 517A Side 1
 The French and Indian War
   * Felix the Soldier
   * The Press Gang Soldier
   * The Ballad of Montcalm and Wolfe

 The American Revolution
   * Doodle Dandy
   * Paul Jones
   * The British Soldier

 The War of 1812
   * Perry's Victory

JH 517B Side 2 - The Civil War
 The North
   * The Battle-Cry of Freedom
   * The Twenty-Third
   * Virginia's Bloody Soil
 The South
   * The Southern Girl's Reply
   * An Old Unreconstructed
   * The Bonnie Blue Flag

Elektra EKL-153  Our Singing Heritage Vol 3: Frank Warner  (October 1958)
acc. Billy Faier, guitar & banjo
The Jolly Tinker
Hi Rinky Dum
Lynchburg Town
Dan Doo
Johnson Boys
Jump Her Juberju
Jamie Judge
Lewiston Falls
We're Coming Idaho
Fod

The Jolly Roving Tar
Frisco
Bay Of Biscay-O
Bony On The Isle Of St Helena
Blackjack Davy
Bold Dickie An Bold Archie
Raccoon
Fresh Peanuts
Victory

Folkways FW 2432 Folk Music of the Newport Folk Festival 1959-60 Vol.2
106 As I Was Out Walking 107 Fod! 108 Asheville Junction

Heirloom HL-503  The Civil War Through Its Songs & Ballads (1961)
 Frank Warner & Bill Bonyun and others
SIDE ONE
In the Wilderness
Old Abe Lincoln
The Dissolution Wagon
John Brown of Massachusetts
The Union Volunteer
Song of the Mississippi Volunteer
Aileen Aroon -Treasure of My Heart
 outhern Yankee Doodle
Shiloh's Hill
The New Ballad of Lord Lovell
0 Johnny Bull My Jo John
The Homespun Dress
We Have the Navy
SIDE TWO
Maryland, My Maryland
General Lee's Wooing
Auction Block
The First of Arkansas
Riding A Raid
The Vacant Chair
A Life on the Vicksburg Bluff
Sherman's March to the Sea
Grant's the Man
Roll Alabama Roll
The Old Unreconstructed

Heirloom Records  http://www.thecclc.org/heirloom_records/index.html
Cobscook Community Learning Center
10 Commissary Point Road,Lubec, ME 04652 (207) 733-2233

Prestige PR-INT 13012 Frank Warner and Sons - Songs of the Civil War (1965)
1. Old Abe Lincoln
2. Battle Of Bull Horn
3. Battle Cry Of Freedom
4. The Twenty Third
5. Marching Along
6. Bonnie Eloise
7. Tramp Tramp Tramp
8. Virginias Bloody Soil
9. Benny Havens
10. We All Go Marching On
11. Dixie
12. Pretty Little Miss
13. The Bonnie Blue Flag
14. Goober Peas
15. Lorena
16. Red White & Blue
17. Vicksburg Bluff
18. The Rose Of Alabama
19. In 1861
20. The Old Rebel Soldier

Folktrax FTX-901 - LISTEN TO AMERICA SING
Frank Warner & Family in Concert
At a live concert, recorded at Dartington Ciderhouse, Devon in 1973, Frank tells of a lifetime's collecting and meeting singers - Leadbelly, Yankee John Galusha & Frank Proffitt, and sings, with his 5-string fretless "Proffitt" banjo, assisted by his two sons, Gerret and Jeff, with concertina, guitar, jews-harp, psaltery, spoons
JOLLY ROVING TAR
SWEET WILLIE
OLD JOE CLARK
TOM DOOLEY
PAUL JONES
DYING BRITISH SOLDIER
SHOVE AROUND THE GROG BOYS
RACOON'S GOT A BUSHY TAIL
SPRINGFIELD MOUNTAIN
FOD
GREY GOOSE
HE'S GOT THE WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HANDS
HOLD MY HAND LORD JESUS

Minstrel JD-204 Frank Warner Come all You Good People (recorded 1975) (1976)
Frank Warner, singing and playing banjo, tenor guitar and ukulele
Jeff Warner: vocal, concertina, guitar; Gerret Warner: vocal, banjo, guitar.

Buffalo Gals
Cumberland and Merrimac
Sweet Betsy from Pike
Springfield Mountain
Doodle Dandy
The Dying British Sergeant
Paul Jones
Black-Eyed Susie

Sweet Willie
Away Idaho
Days of Forty-nine
You Can Take Me Away From Dixie
A Good Man Is Hard to Find
If You Don't Like My Peaches
Freight Train Blues
Asheville Junction
Hold My Hand, Lord Jesus

RAINBOW QUEST - Pete Seeger (TV)
produced by Pete and Toshi Seeger and Sholom Rubinstein in the early 1960s
26.Frank Warner
Seeger and his guest Frank Warner sing songs of the Adirondack Mountains and reminisce about Yankee John and Frank Proffit. Proffit is seen in a film as he performed at the Newport Folk Festival. Included in the show are Frank Proffit's most famous song, "Tom Dooley," as well as "Little Men," "Little Phoebe" and "Hudson River Steamboat."

WARNER FIELD RECORDINGS

WARNER, Frank M: Folk Songs and Ballads of the Eastern Seaboard From a Collector's Notebook Southern Press, Macon (1963) 8vo., 75pp, wraps.

WARNER, Anne: Traditional American Folk Songs from the Anne & Frank Warner Collection Syracuse University Press (1984)
ISBN: 0815623135 (August 1984, HB)
ISBN: 0815601859 (December 1984, PB)

Folktrax
FTX-921 PADDLE THE ROAD WITH ME - YANKEE JOHN GALUSHA
FTX-922 WHISKY IN THE JAR - LENA BOURNE FISH
FTX-923 PRETTY CROWIN' CHICKENS - The Hicks Family & Friends
FTX-926 BARBAREE - Songs from the Outer Banks
FTX-927 OLD JOE CLARK - Appalachian Instrumentals & Hymns
FTX-928 JACK AND THE KING - Stories from North Carolina
FTX-929 THE HOUSE CARPENTER - Rebecca King Jones & Lee Monroe Presnell
FTX-930 HOLD MY HAND, LORD JESUS, HOLD MY HAND -
SUE THOMAS, J.B.SUTTON & REBECCA KING JONES
FTX-931 FRANK PROFFITT 1 - BOLAMKIN FTX-932 FRANK PROFFITT 2 - JOHN HARDY
FTX-933 FRANK PROFFITT 3 - I'M GOING BACK TO N.CAROLINA

Appleseed 1035 The Warner Collection Vol. I Her Bright Smile Haunts Me Still

Appleseed 1036 The Warner Collection Vol. II Nothing Seems Better to Me
The Music of Frank Proffitt and North Carolina

Library of Congress - Anne and Frank Warner Collection
http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?faid/faid:@field(DOCID+af005001)
Collection Number: AFC 1950/002
Title: Anne and Frank Warner Collection
Inclusive Dates: 1938-1969
Repository: Archive of Folk Culture, American Folklife Center, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
Extent (original): Five linear feet; 1 container; two linear inches manuscripts, 124 sound recordings, 15 graphic images, 1 item of electronic media
Creators: Warner, Anne Locher, 1905-1991, and Warner, Frank, 1903-1978
Language: English
Abstract: Documentation of American traditional musicians and storytellers collected by Anne Warner and Frank Warner on numerous field recording trips to Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Vermont, and Virginia from 1938 to 1969.