Re: [ARSCLIST] Mercury co-founder Irving Green passes

The Ehrling Sibelius Symphonies are so good that I hunted them down on CD. It's still my favorite 4th, the gritiest and, I think, along with Luonotar, the greatest of of his works.

Steve Smolian

---- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Mercury co-founder Irving Green passes

Hi Roger:

The guy who probably knows most about this is Michael Gray. I know very little about pre-original Mercury classical records. They were mostly taken out of print quickly after Mercury started rolling their own. I have a few of them from the very dawn of LPs. They're in 78-style album jackets and seem to be made of shellac or something much thicker and heavier and less flexible than typical vinyl. I've never played them, just keep them for historical reasons. Not even sure what titles I have since they're deep in the shelves.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>