Re: [ARSCLIST] Longevity

Moving away from opinions, our testing laboratory has conducted tests on
both CD and DVD discs containing such defects, both of our own fabrication
and obtained from Philips Laboratories. Results are as described in my
initial contribution.

Simple fingerprints should never interfere with playback unless the read
drive is of very poor quality. The real risk of fingerprints is in the oils
from the body. Those of each person are distinct, and some can degrade discs
over an extended period of time.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.
http://www.mscience.com/