[ARSCLIST] Why sticky shed happened

There seems two stories related to sticky shed.  One or both may or may not be true.

1.  A look at the calendar discloses that sticky shed appears shortly after whale oil became unavailable.  Manufacturers tried various substitutes with results we all know.  The oil of the jojoba bean utimately replaced whale oil and was a success.

2.  The other was the rolling through of clean air acts internationally.  I'm told there was some concordance between the altering of some production processes as a result and with sticky consequences.  Sticky shed appeared in specific products some measurable time after the changes, which occurred in different countries in different years.

Dating these political events and matching them with known periods of tape manufacture where SSS has been a result, country by country, could be useful in establishing if either of the two above causes are, in fact, causes.

It seems that it does professional quality backcoated tape no harm to bake it before transfer and I do so  The energy to be expended on researching the roots of this problem may best be left to technological historians.  I'm getting back to work.

Steve Smolian