Re: [ARSCLIST] Billboard Charts

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lewis" <davlew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Steve,
>
> The copy I examined did not have markings of any kind. Some Rainbow issues
> do not bear numbers, but are numbered in the catalogue, although at least
2
> exceptions to this rule are known.
>
> Here's the one 12" Rainbow I know of. If yours is different in any way,
I'd
> like to know about it.
>
> Homer Rodeheaver acc. Orchestra One Night When Sorrow Burdened
> 6779 8000-A dubbed by July 1924 New York
>
> Homer Rodeheaver acc. Orchestra Oh, God of Love
> 6780 8000-B dubbed by July 1924 New York

Definitely different! I'll try to dig out the data on it.

Note that the Rodeheaver-mastered Rainbows usually have very faint
matrix numbers, in a rather large handwritten format, in the under-
the label area...these seem to have been assigned in a rather
irregular series, and are visibly not related to either Gennett
or Marsh Labs (Autograph et al) matrix numbers in style or sequence!