From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rod Stephens
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 11:51 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

Thanks Jeffrey for the quick reply.
jeffrey kane wrote:

> Discrete SACD players really aren't 'done' anymore. They're all
> 'universal' players that can do DVD-A as well. The least expensive
> option is probably the Sony SCD-CE595 combo CD/SACD player. A good
> universal option for not much money is the Yamaha DVD-C750.

I looked up both of these decks on epinions, and they both seem to have
major problems, but your general information gave me a point of
reference from which to start.

> If you're looking to go up in budget, high end SACD players get up
> into the mid  five digits (dCS with their Verdi La Scala and Elgar
> Plus D/A to name one). Keep in mind that on most players, using bass
> management requires a conversion to PCM and will degrade the sound.
> The Outlaw Audio ICBM is a great workaround for this although it costs
> more than some players ($199)!

This unit (The Outlaw Audio ICBM) seems to have a lot to offer for the
price with very good reviews at the web site.

Continuing my search.....

Rod