Re: [ARSCLIST] Stereo records.

This is an intersting web page. But, as I learned when I just read Geoff Emerick and George Matins' books, the UK version is a bit distant from the originating country... All repesct intended, but the recording industry did start and florish in the USA, and I wonder if there is an equivalent American treatment of the subject? All I know is the first 45 I had was Johnny Hortons' Battle of New Orleans...

For example, this article says the 60s Beatle era was the golden age of the 45 - yet they were on their way out in the USA beginning in 1962 or so... But I was just 12 then, so I might be a bit off...

I googled "History of the 45 single" and found this - it would be interesting to hear any comments on it from my esteemed colleagues here:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_(music)>

Fascinating discussion, just curious... and not about stereo, sorry.

<L>
Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689