Re: [ARSCLIST] Repairing (or purchasing) a Uher

At 06:40 PM 6/14/2006, Nigel Champion (FOA ANT) wrote:

We have several Revox A77/B77s at different speeds.  As well as the
capstan diameter being reduced for lower speeds, the casting of the
capstan motor is drilled offset.  This maintains the angle between the
pinch roller and the capstan giving optimum "tape-wrap" of the capstan.

Hello, Nigel,

Thanks for the reply. In the days of yore, I converted several 3.75/7.5 A77s to 7.5/15 and am aware of the capstan shaft differential between these speed pairs and the offset.

What I was wondering was on the slow speed logging-type A77/B77 does the capstan step down again for 1-7/8, 15/16, and 15/32? And what is the lowest speed you can get with the nominal 3.75/7.5 in/s capstan by tweaking the servo. I'm actually more interested in 15/32 and 15/16 as 1-7/8 is covered as described in a previous message with the Sony APR-5000 without any mods at all.

I do have a languishing A77 MK III and a parts MK I that could be pressed into service.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Richard