Re: [ARSCLIST] Laser turntable

Sam Brylawski <goodlistening@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>The LC playback staff was unhappy with the sound of the unit. It was
>decided
>that the particular unit LC acquired was in need of maintenance, as LC's
>experience was not at all in line with any other pleased users. I
>*believe*
>the unit is scheduled for shipment back to the mfg for
>examination/overhaul.

There is a user procedure to calibrate the unit using a
manufacturer-supplied test disc.  In my experience, this procedure is
essential to the proper operation of the LT.  There certainly may be more
to the LoC's dissatisfaction than this simple procedure, but I have seen
other users grow very aggravated at a poorly-performing LT until the
calibration procedure was performed.  I typically do the calibration
before any critical task.  The LT has performed extremely well for me in
restoration projects.  It has made the difference between being able to
recover a disc and not.

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson <clawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Professional Audio for CD, DVD, Broadcast & Internet