Re: [ARSCLIST] The future of analog (fwd)

Sorry ( in a way ) that I have no pictures to back up this story,
but a friend of mine, Mr. William Stanmyre, now deceased, who was an audio engineer at the Paramount Astoria studios and later in Hollywood told me of the amount of cast off microphones, disc cutters, preamps and other ancillary production equipment that could be had for the asking as it was on its' way to the scrap heap in the late 1930's through  the 1940's and 50's.

 Fortunately he managed to retain a few things over the years which he passed on to me when he retired to Florida.

I'd like to believe that somone on the lot will give one those tape machines a berth, and a host of reparable boards and parts to keep it operational in the future.

Bobv Hodge

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive
Syracuse University
222 Waverly Ave .
Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010

315-443- 7971
FAX-315-443-4866

>>> thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx 5/31/2006 3:05 PM >>>
My thoughts exactly.This looks like this equipment was free for the taking,if you could beat the garbage truck to it.One wonders is this is how the indie labels of the 90s,got the equipment to make thier great analogue records in the 90s.
  Roger Kulp

Lou Judson <loujudson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  Dumpster diving royale!

Lou Judson * Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689

On May 30, 2006, at 1:04 PM, Scott Phillips wrote:

> Sick. MTR-90's ...

Ring'em or ping'em. Make  PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.